Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy 2009 for This Homegirl!

VQA Wine For New Years New Year's Eve. Another year past. A new one upon us.

With the infamous resolutions on the horizon, its inevitable that we look back on our successes and ... nonsucesses of the past year. While I officially purchased my home in 2007, it was 2008 when I feel like I moved in and really got to know my quaint, little bungalow.

Recollecting on the past year, I can't help but feel like this New Year's Eve is more of a thanksgiving. I am incredibly thankful...

To have wonderfully, amazing neighbours. Honestly, I don't know what I would've done without my neighbours. They have been such an irreplaceable source of knowledge, assistance and company.

To own a house. I don't think I need to elaborate when it comes to the economy. More importantly though, whenever I'm feeling overwhelmed with some of the challenges of being a single homeowner, I remind myself of this fact. You need to do the same - buying and owning a home is no small feat!

To have the love and support of a great family. I call my parents five times a day sometimes, just to tell them about drilling a hole in my wall. With a bad back, my brother helped me move in my washer and dryer. Actually, he did all the moving. My Grandma was on her knees helping my dad and I install lattice under my deck in the spring. I know, beyond a doubt, that I can't express enough appreciation for their support - their jobs and geographical location don't make this easy for them.

With everything I've accomplished at my home this year, I am heading into 2009 with some big resolutions (in addition to the ol' standby to lose weight).

  1. Get in control of my finances.

  2. Have the electrical service changed over to 100 amp (this will require saving $ and so will depend on #1).

  3. Develop a plan for my basement.
I know there will be many more 'items' come up along the way, but these are the big 3 that I want to get accomplished. If I manage to get a garden put in this spring also... well that will just be peaches!

Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment