Monday, December 1, 2008

I've Got the Spirit - and I'm Looking for the Home With TOO MUCH!

My House Lit Up for Christmas 2007 The first day of December, and I have had the festive spirit for a few weeks now. Brought on by row after row of poinsettias at the grocery store and brightly lit Christmas trees in the windows of eager homeowners. I even passed a Santa Claus waving at traffic on the highway yesterday (perhaps trying to coax them to buy a Christmas tree?)

And while I have found myself longing for snow before flipping the switch here, I have noticed more and more houses on the way home from work, lit up with twinkling blue, red, green and yellow bulbs.

Of course, there are also those homes that you can't miss - they look like Canadian Tire's seasonal department threw up all over them. The best one I've seen yet is around the corner from a friend's house in Regina. The glow from the house literally can be seen from around the My House Decorated This Yearcorner.

Regretfully, I didn't take a picture. So, now I'm on a mission to find the tackiest, most 'over-the-top' house out there that may compare. If there's one on your street, take a picture and email it to me - savvyhomegirl@gmail.com

I'll post the pictures here on my blog and you can vote on the most "enthusiastic" holiday home!

2 comments:

  1. There's a house in Welland that rents it's own radio station during Christmas and only plays christmas carols!!

    ReplyDelete