Monday, December 29, 2008

Boxing Week Deals

Birch tree from Zehrs and moose from JYSK
With bleak news reports telling us over and over about the tough economic times we are experiencing this holiday season, the days leading up to Christmas (specifically Christmas Eve) and the Boxing Day sales following would certainly indicate otherwise. Stupidly perhaps, I delayed picking up event tickets until Christmas Eve, and I faced 20 minute waits just to get into the parking lot and then hordes of people within the mall. The Christmas elves were surely looking down on me smiling though, as I got spaces in front of the building twice that day!

Not one to ever get excited about Boxing Day seals, I ventured out on the 27th with my rather embarrassing collection of Christmas decorations (or lack thereof) still very fresh in my mind. Most years I look at the clearance Christmas items and think, "I don't need it now anymore, I'll get decorations next year." Not this year! My eyes were (and still are) open for 'great deals' on Christmas decor.


Quite impressed with the collection at Zehrs last week, I decided to see what kind of 'slash and sell' items remained. Success! With all decorations 50% off, I scored these great birch bark trees for $2.49!

Other great Christmas clearance sales that I've come across this week:

  • Home Depot had 50-75% off BEFORE Christmas. I found garland for $3.49 and mini-LED lights for only $2.49!
  • JYSK Always the discount decorators dream, my office colleagues scooped up all the tin 'moose' the Stoney Creek store had, but I found these cute table toppers. Also for just $2.49!
  • IKEA While I haven't been there yet this year, I found very unique, affordable decorations after last year's holiday season.

If you've come across some great decor sales, please share or email me to let our readers know!


Find a large selection of Clocks at HomeDepot.ca!

No comments:

Post a Comment