Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Under the Weather

Hot water, lemon and honey sooths a sore tummy What's worse than being sick without someone to look after you? Being sick in a hotel!

I am finally starting to feel healthy again after struggling for almost a week with the flu, and then a stomach bug. Half of this time was spent in a hotel, and I can assure you that the hotel bed is not near as comfortable as your own when you're up to your ears in used tissue.

At least my room had a coffee maker, which I used repeatedly to boil hot water for tea.

Once I got back home, my favourite remedy? Hot water, lemon juice and honey! Paired with warm socks, my own bed and a homemade afghan at my feet, and I have almost recovered. Now to clean up the mess after days of neglect...


No comments:

Post a Comment