Monday, May 17, 2010

Random Catch-All Post

I have been so MIA this week. Not only online, but in mind as well. I was so wrapped up in work last week, by the time I had opportunity to blog I couldn't stand the thought of turning my computer on. A lot of couch-sitting, border-hop-shopping, and Pampered Cheffing followed.

Despite a hectic week and busy weekend, I did have a number of possible posts find their way into my brain. As often happens, unless I let these make their way onto my screen and out to you, these thoughts would bounce around in my head for the next week. Undoubtedly distracting me and causing the little 'guilt of not posting' seed to sprout.

Before I share a few of these random thoughts, I'm going to brag a little.

I'm officially a showcased artist!

Well, sort of...

You'll recall my painting experiment for my niece's nursery? They hung the letters on her wall! I'd love to share more of the bedroom, but you'll have to wait until I'm at the farm next. I'm sneaking these off Facebook. I think they turned out quite cute. Once you see the whole room, I think you'll agree it's as 'cute as a cupcake'!

Now, for the randomness...

I love great deals. I love deals so much, and I have become so accustomed to living life on a dime, I can no longer shop. I superanalyze every item and its price, trying to determine if it's truly as valuable as the tag claims. I bought a cardigan/shrug (you know those sweaters that hang down) for $7 a few weeks ago. I LOVE it. I wear it all the time. It was $7. How will anything compare? That is good value. This is the challenge I'm faced with EVERYTIME I go shopping now.

Speaking of great deals... I saved almost $10 at Shoppers Drug Mart last week, the clerk threw in a few samples, and I felt like the richest woman in the world when I left the store. I still spent 3X more than I originally planned, so I guess I didn't save at all.

I made an Inukshuk. I'm very proud of him, and I can't wait to share a photo with you. He deserves his own post though, so one day you'll get to see him.

Does everyone have an iPhone now? Remember when the Blackberry was cool? Do other Blackberry owners feel like iPhone owners go out of their way to 'SWIPE' their finger over their iPhone, just to show the rest of us poor, Blackberry-owning fools that we can't do that???!

Finally, airports are the BEST place to people watch.. FYI. No question.

No comments:

Post a Comment