Whatever it is, I decided to create a "Bucket List" of things I want to do this summer. I made my mind up the last time I drove back from my parents' farm; this is going to be the summer I do all the things I always think about doing. You know, visiting the stores you always look at with wonder & curiosity, but tell yourself, "not today".
I actually had to look up bucket list before I started typing this, because I wasn't entirely sure if that was even the right name. It just seemed appropriate for some reason. Well, it is correct with one exception; my list covers only those items I want to do this summer. It does not extend beyond to all the things I want to do before I die, like most bucket lists.
Photo credit: http://lovelifelists.blogspot.com/
It's not long. I will probably add to it as the summer goes on. Especially, if I accomplish these items. I can't sit around the rest of the summer and do nothing, afterall!
- Go tubing down the Grand River and the Elora Gorge
- Get a hammock and put it in my backyard (okay, this is more of a 'to buy', but I fully plan to lay on it this summer, so it counts)!
- Go antiquing with my girlfriends
- Lay on the beach for a day
- Go camping (in a tent)
- Enter crafts, baking and/or flowers in a local fall fair
- Jet boat in the Niagara River
- Stop at Grasshopper Imports on Hwy #6. If you are from the area, you know this place... it's a lot with a lot of clay planters and the building looks like it was painted by hippies. DONE - BF & I stopped this past weekend. It was EXACTLY what we expected, but neat stuff and reasonably priced. I have my eye on a glass pitcher... sangria anyone?
- Go to the zoo
- Go to Duff's for wings (this is not anything special, except we keep talking about going there and never do!)
- Run a 10km race - likely a pipe dream, but I ran a 5km race last year, so aim high, right?
Do you have any plans for the summer?