Saturday, April 17, 2010

I Bought a Lawn Mower But...

This story is too funny not to share. In fact, it is the perfect story to share on this blog.

This week, I bought a lawn mower. Perhaps you're thinking - Wow! First a car and now a lawn mower!! Yes, I know. I'm thinking that too. I must be crazy.

So anyway, I bought a lawn mower because after nearly three years, I thought it was time I purchase this important piece of equipment. My neighbours (who are THE most awesome neighbours in the world... do I mention that enough J&J?) have been gracious enough to lend me their lawn mower for the past 2 summers. Sometimes even,... they cut the lawn for me!! ** Yet another example of why they're so awesome.

You'll recall I bought a snowblower, and we have a bit of a barter system with it & storage in my garage in exchange for lawn mower use. Since I live in Canada's version of the banana belt, I felt I probably wasn't living up to my end of this deal. Proof? I used my snowblower about 4 times this winter, and honestly I only needed it once.

So, I decided it was time. I didn't really shop around, so I didn't have much to blog about. Until now. Since my company makes lawn mowers, I bought one of our mowers from a local dealer. I picked it up earlier this week and took it out last night for its maiden voyage.

MY LAWN MOWER DOESN'T HAVE A BLADE!!

Yes, that is correct. It. Does. Not. Have. A. Blade. How does that even happen? That's exactly what the dealer also wondered when I contacted them. I bought a lawn mower without a blade!??!!  It almost leaves one speechless, because it's such a ludicrous situation. I didn't think to look under it for a blade. The dealer didn't think to do this. You think, "I'm buying a lawn mower. Of course, it will have a blade."  Mine didn't.

Anyway, the dealer dropped off a new blade and it's sorted out. It was a complete fluke... the blade's aren't installed at the dealership, but I'm not sure why this one was taken off. Regardless, only to me would this happen. Only me. Which is exactly why it made my coworkers' day.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm bummed I didn't get to Agraturf Equipment Service's recent store opening in Ayr. Look who stopped by for the day! Recognize Mike Holmes? Very cool.

Mike Holmes at Agraturf's store opening

2 comments:

  1. That is too funny about the lawn mower! How did you find out about it now having a blade? Did you try to mow your lawn and it just didn't work? Glad it's all sorted out now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly yes, I tried to cut my lawn and nothing happened. My front lawn of all places, so my neighbour also had a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete