Tuesday, March 2, 2010

No Award Photo Yet

I promised a photo of my framed 'Best of Show' advertising award, and I am failing to deliver on schedule. Truthfully, my camera has decided its taken enough of my beatings, and I will soon have to abandon it to discarded electronic heaven.

Another one bites the dust. I'm embarrassed to say this is my 2nd camera in 5 years. It's not that I don't look after them... well, maybe that's not entirely true either. I go through periods of time where I take my camera everywhere. Beaches, bars, snowboarding, snowmobiling, gardening, running, cow shows ... you get the idea. The products of these activities have proven to be enemies of, most likely, all electronics, cameras not excluded. Sand, sticky drinks, sloppy reflexes, snow and ice, soil, sweat and milk.

After my first digital camera took its last breath, I vowed to religiously keep my new camera in its case. After 6 months, the case was nowhere to be found, and my camera had already had a run in with a milk bucket and shortly thereafter, a windy day at the beach. It was never the same, but it still lasted until now.

I've been borrowing friends' cameras for the past month as I scope out a new one. In an ideal world, I would cash in my Air Miles for the camera of my dreams. In an ideal world, I would also know what camera that is. I've always been a Canon girl, but I really liked my friend's Luminex we had in Quebec. I also looked at the Olympus Stylus Tough. Logically, this camera was made for me... drop it, spill on it, no problems. The reviews weren't so wonderful. So, I'm looking for suggestions. I don't want a professional camera, but I want a point & shoot of at least 10 MP and an image stabilizer.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm heading to my first Home Depot Do-It-Herself workshop tomorrow night - "Intro to Power Tools". Maybe its the comfort factor that is keeping me from taking action on all the things I have planned. I'll let you know how it goes ( and post that photo)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment