Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Surprise Winter Wonderland

Winter may be over in the city, but I awoke at my parents' farm this morning, surrounded in a sparkling, frozen wonderland. Knowing I could use the excercise I grabbed my borrowed camera (thanks P&P!) and headed outside.

Frosty mornings always take my breath away. Common, everyday things become sparkling treasures when laden with a layer of icy crystals. Planning to capture some of my "favourite" images from home- an apple trees that never loses its apples, a weeping willow that towers above our bedroom windows- I discovered my favourite shots were the abandoned perrennials, still proudly standing at attention as if they were unaware of the frozen landscape around them.

Here are a few of my favourites. The entire album will be on my sidebar shortly or you can view it here.
Rail fences and wagon wheels...

Pine boughs.

Check out how the frost looks like it was 'blew' onto this Queen Anne's Lace. I took this as the frost was beginning to lift into a hazy, frozen fog.

No comments:

Post a Comment