Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Then There was WHITE!

One coat down. One to go... hopefully. I finished priming and the first coat of paint on my old bedroom today. I learned a few things in the process:
  • Be prepared! I forgot the Brownie motto on this project. I had already started priming when I realized I didn't have the roller I needed and there was gooey stuff on the wall that still had to come off.
  • Put primer in the panalling cracks with a small brush. A roller won't cover these, and it will save a lot of work later.
  • Always keep a wet rag close by. No matter how hard I try, I still end up with paint somewhere I don't want it!
I have to admit, I'm not 'wowed' yet at the change. I haven't painted the closet doors though, and I left the backs of the shelves because I plan to cover them with wallpaper. I think this will really pull it together...

I also noticed the paint is yellowing a little. At first, I thought this was the panalling coming through the primer, but now I'm not so sure. Is it possible the paint is pulling the stain off the panalling?

Tomorrow, I'm off to get the wallpaper and will finish the painting. I will also have to take down a beloved collection of posters I've had for almost 15 years! Can you guess what they are?

No comments:

Post a Comment