Sunday, December 20, 2009

Ready for Christmas... Just Need Some Snow

Christmas pine wreathMy house is decorated, baking is done (although, I could always do more), and my shopping is almost done. I even made a Christmas wreath for my door this year. Inspired by Home Hardware's Home at Home magazine, a little hot glue, dollar store decor, overcooked shortbread and old, wooden spoons were all I needed to complete this masterpiece! The wreath iself was made by tying pine boughs, trimmed from trees at my parents' farm a few weeks earlier, together in a wreath shape.
We did the same with the boughs on my front window. Tied them together with some jute twine, then anchored them to the windowsill with some small nails.
Now, we just need some snow in Niagara.


My home decorated for ChristmasWhile other parts of the country have been dumped on with snow and frigid temperatures, we continue to get damp, cold temperatures and rain. Most could wait for the snow, but I have always loved winter. Especially since a 'green' Christmas by Canadian standards, in fact means brown, so a little snow is usually a welcome sight. An avid fan of winter sports - tobogganing, snowmobiling and snowboarding - I am looking forward to spending some of my holiday enjoying all three.




In the meantime, I have been listening to holiday classics and baking cookies to keep me in the spirit. Looking for something to do in Niagara? Check out the lights at Niagara Falls, but dress warm! Snow or not, the freezing mist means a cold and slippery visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment