Friday, January 16, 2009

Savvy Homegirl is NOT Savvy Cargirl!!

So, no big surprise here, but I arrived back at the airport last night to find... my car would not start!! I even disconnected the battery before I left, because I heard that it was going to be cold this week.

Turns out, at -25 degrees every night, even that tactic does not work. So, after freezing my tootsies off in my Kansas City-suited footwear (which doesn't stand up as well to the frozen, white north), the parking lot attendant boosted my car, and I was on my way again. A hassle I could do without after five hours of travelling? Most certainly.


Needless to say, since I still haven't bought a block heater or trickle charger, the car's attempt to start this morning was pathetic at best. Now I am waiting for CAA to come out again to give me a boost.


It could be worse. I could be sitting in the dark, waiting for CAA, like many Torontonians are probably doing this morning. That reminds me, I should pick up a flashlight and candles when I get a trickle charger.

No comments:

Post a Comment