Monday, January 19, 2009

My Acts of Green

One Million Acts of Green

I often download CBC's "The Hour" podcast to listen to on my way to work. Not only is George Stroumboulopoulos incredibly entertaining, but I always learn or gain new insight into the issues of discussion.

Currently, they are rallying Canadians to carry out 1 Million "Acts of Green" - actions, habits or things you can do everyday to reduce your carbon footprint and make the earth a little less affected.

Thus far, I am already doing 17 Acts of Green, for a total reduction of 1640 kg of greenhouse gases (or GHG). Some of mine include:

A new one I am striving for in 2009 - Using a reusable, stainless steel water bottle.

Go to One Million Acts of Green to sign up your commitment. Only 176,471 acts left to go! (As of today!)

No comments:

Post a Comment