I often download CBC's "The Hour" podcast to listen to on my way to work. Not only is George Stroumboulopoulos incredibly entertaining, but I always learn or gain new insight into the issues of discussion.
Currently, they are rallying Canadians to carry out 1 Million "Acts of Green" - actions, habits or things you can do everyday to reduce your carbon footprint and make the earth a little less affected.
- Set Your Thermostat to 18C (65F) or Less in the Winter
- Clean or Replace Your Furnace Filter Every Season
- Replace an Incandescent Light Bulb With a Compact Fluorescent Bulb
- Air Dry Clothes
- Use A Refillable Coffee Cup
- Replace Plastic Bags With Reusable Bags
- Pack a Litterless Lunch
- Donate Clothes and Other Used Goods
A new one I am striving for in 2009 - Using a reusable, stainless steel water bottle.
Go to One Million Acts of Green to sign up your commitment. Only 176,471 acts left to go! (As of today!)