Sunday, March 29, 2009

Home Depot Dream Book Wishlist

Home Depot Dream Book
I picked up my "Dream Book" from Home Depot today. Yes, that would be the one that they have been advertising nonstop on their radio commercials.

It says right on the cover that is is "Designed to Inspire", and while I have to admit that it did not provide me with overwhelming inspiration, there were  a few items that left me 'dreaming' of possibilities.  Here are my fave "Dream Book" picks for this spring and summer:


The Black and silver 3-piece bistro set on the Urban Oasis page (31). Available in April, I
 couldn't find this on HomeDepot.ca, but at $129, this cute, little set is certainly affordable! The opposing page shows a bistro set on a gravel patio. I think that gravel would be a great addition to my backyard to replace the poorly constructed brick patio between my deck and garage.

American Standard Retrospect Collection Console
This American Standard Retrospect Collection sink is a great idea for small bathroom spaces, while still providing some storage space, something I struggle with in my bathroom. This one will be put off for a while - a bathroom reno is nowhere in my foreseeable future!

The Wallpaper Company Mega Flowers in blue and white
Still trying to determine a wall solution above my bed, I have been toying with the idea of a faux fabric headboard. Seeing this great Mega Flowers paper from The Wallpaper Company has made me wonder if moulding and wallpaper might also create the same effect? I browsed through the wallpaper selection while I was at Home Depot, and they have some fabulous prints for 'feature walls'! 

Finally, I am a big fan of pendant lights, and the Hampton Bay cast aluminum pendant on page 15 is super cute! Unfortunately, I don't have the budget to afford the big, grandiose Victorian entrance that I think it deserves!

What's on your wishlist for this summer season?

1 comment:

  1. Interesting.!! I will definitely visit Home Depot to get my Dream Book.

    ReplyDelete