Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Great Deal on a Refurbished Phone & Great Service All in the Same Day!

Refurbished telephone from Home HardwareI officially have a landline now! Only 1 1/2 years after moving into my house, I have a phone!

Before rushing home to meet the Cogeco guy, I stopped at Home Hardware to see if I could find a phone. I had recalled seeing a bin of refurbished phones during one of my many trips, so I thought I would check that out first. 

Turns out, they are a pretty good deal! There were at least 20 phones in the bin, so there was lots of choice, but the best part was the price! The phones were at least 50% (or more!) cheaper than a new phone. I ended up buying a Panasonic set with 2 cordless handsets for $39.99. 

To top it off, if something doesn't work with the phone, there is a one-year warranty - the same as a brand new phone! 

On another note, I was floored when the Cogeco guy was at my house waiting for me to come home. This is definitely a first for me! Usually when the cable company gives you a 3 (or 8) hour window of time, they show up 15 minutes before the end, and you feel like you've wasted your day waiting for them to show up. That has been my experience, anyway! 

Talk about great service! Not only was he on time, but he was done in only 15 minutes! I was able to carry on with the rest of my evening, as if no one had been there at all! 

Have you had really good service with a cable company or other service provider? Any horror stories? 

No comments:

Post a Comment