Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It's Been One Week Since You Looked at Me..

Yep, the BNL's ballad is pounding the guilt just a little deeper as I type. I have not been completely missing in action; I spent the better part of one evening last week catching up on my 'homey' blogs, having an email convo with bf if I was capable of building my own furniture (I'm thinking table, he's got deck on the brain), and planning the colour scheme for my office (grey is winning).



I have managed to get over the new car angst yet again, however the guy has called me several times. It seems he REALLLY wants to get rid of this car (see below - I Want This Car!), so anyone in the GTA looking for an almost new Civic might want to check out Lease Busters for this one! I have also managed to get in another 3 flights, check out wallpaper at Lowes, take my Brownies on a supermarket tour, and interview a family for an article I'm writing. Did I mention waking up in the middle of the night to a lightbulb above my head for an "I got it"-type moment every couple of hours? You might say I'm a little busy and work has me a little stressed.

Y'all will remember IKEA's "Any Space Can Be Beautiful" contest they held back in the fall to celebrate the launch of the 2010 catalogue. They've revealed the Grand Prize winner, Tess and her Cowtown space makeover today at anyspacecanbebeautiful.ca. You can also check out the 'Before' and 'After' here.

What do you think? When I entered and voted for myself religiously for 2 weeks, there were some pretty scary-looking entries in dire need of some style help and cashola. If I remember the rules correctly, every vote landed you an entry in the draw, so it didn't guarantee the most votes got the prize. Regardless, I couldn't help but noitce how closely Tess' room makeover reaction parallelled that of the friendly space-trading neighbour that secretly detests their fencemate's decor choices. It certainly would not have satisfied my expectation of how to spend $15,000. Besides, where's the joy in winning $15,000 if someone else is spending it for you?! Was that clear in the rules??!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the grey colour you are thinking of if its like the one in the picture!

    AND.. about that reno.. I'm not sure if I'm a huge fan? It was pretty over the top for me. I think they would have had way more fun transforming your basement!

    ReplyDelete