Friday, May 22, 2009

Good Morning from Prince Edward Island

Anne of Green Gables Park

Good morning from sunny Prince Edward Island! It is true, I am travelling again, but this time in my favourite province for decor inspiration! I love the maritimes, and my bright, pink choice for my front porch muskoka chair is one hundred percent credited to the bright, Acadian flair of the East Coast!

Though I have travelled this region several times, I took advantage of the opportunity to do the "touristy" stuff yesterday, including the famous "Green Gables"! This was my first trip to the famous homestead of the fictional character, and the weather could not have been better. The homestead has been restored to resemble L.M. Montgomery's depiction in "Anne of Green Gables", and the gardens and wood surrounding the home are incredible! It is funny to hear the islanders' comment that many visitors ask to see Anne's "real house" and her grave - "She's not real!!!" They frequently disclaim!

Kayaks at North Rustico HarbourUnfortunately, touring on a bus does not allow sufficient justice to capture the beautiful island scenery, complete with the brightly painted, cedar shake coastal homes, otherwise I'd post more pictures. The Green Gables park and kayaks at North Rustico Harbour (coming this afternoon when my hotel Internet cooperates better) will have to do for now.

Have a great weekend, and I can't wait to see my own gardens when I return home this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment