Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Wonderfully, Happy, Christmas

Love ActuallyLast night, bf and I watched "Love Actually". It was the perfect 'end' so-to-speak to what was about as close to a perfect Christmas as you could get. Four days of lounging, family, turkey dinners and sweets, lots of sharing, gift-giving and of course, love. Wow, I sound so mushy.

"Love is all around us, c'mon and let it grow."

In 27 years, this Christmas ranked up there as being one of the best. We truly enjoyed every moment spent with our families. There was lots of catching up, lots of laughter and lots of moments we wished wouldn't end.

I spoiled everyone with gifts and  didn't care what I received in return. I relished in the sheer joy of giving the people I love the most, gifts that made them really happy. I am blessed to have such wonderful family and good fortune to eat until our bellies are full. And in the true spirit of the season, I witnessed old quarrels forgiven and relationships mended.

Now, with all that mushiness, it seems so superficial to tell you about the wonderful gifts I received. I have to share though, because I have been unable to put these 2 amazing books down since the moment I ripped off the paper (or cereal box in the case of my sneaky cousin).


Bakerella's Cake Pops book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How thoughtful was bf? He knew I read her blog and have attempted these tasty treats occasionally. He was even aware that Bakerella was in Toronto doing signings earlier in December, but we were out of town. Even if I never muster the energy to tackle cake pops again (they are a lot of work), I love every bit of this book. It is jam-packed with tips, like why not try making 12 the first time, instead of 48! Don't try to dip frozen cake pops in candy. Wow, wish I'd seen both of those tips the first time!


Also, bf spoiled me with a hammock. In the summer, I was longing for a hammock for my backyard. Now I have one to hang from my tree!


Book # 2? 


Domino: The Book of Decorating: A Room-by-Room Guide to Creating a Home That Makes You HappyDomino Book of Decorating of course!


I love it. I love every bit of this book, and I could just flip through it for hours on end. If I weren't so scared to mess it up, I'd have dog-eared half the pages by now. I admit, I'm not even a talented decorator, but I marvel at how the books has captured hundreds of simple ideas and made them look House & Home-worthy. It will be a fixture on my coffee table, possibly forever.



I truly hope my readers had an joyous and wonderful Christmas too. Congrats to Micaela over at Five Blondes on her new, baby boy! What a perfect Christmas gift!


No comments:

Post a Comment